The Dawson City Music Festival Association is hiring for Fall & Winter 2021/2022!
We have three contract positions of varying lengths to fill immediately. Please click the title for a full job description.
These positions will be advertised until filled.
Eligible Applicants must meet a combination of Canada Summer Jobs and DCMF criteria. Applicants must be:
– between 19 and 30 years of age; and
– a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible); and
– have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be Legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant territorial legislation and regulations.
Please note: Canada Summer Jobs positions are no longer student-only and are OPEN TO ANY QUALIFIED PERSON AGE 19-30.
Please submit a PDF of your cover letter and résumé to Andrea Vincent at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating on your cover letter if you would like to be considered for more than one position. List the positions in order of preference.
- Schedules will be determined at the time of hiring. Work will take place during standard office hours between Monday and Friday
- Employees will occasionally be required to work outside of standard office hours, including evening and weekend work, particularly in the lead-up to, during, and immediately after events and programming
- Long hours prior to and during events and programming should be expected
- Employees must be adaptable to fulfill the varied and dynamic daily tasks that best serve the organization’s priorities, needs, and interests.
- All staff will:
- Contribute to day-to-day operations and programming
- Assist and support as needed in all operations
- Complete post-event wrap-up
- Help manage DCMF’s equipment rental program
- Perform administrative duties such as mail collection, office maintenance, answering phones, greeting visitors, and other day-to-day duties as determined by the Executive Director
- Respect and abide by all office Covid-19 protocols
- Participate in Safer Spaces training (provided by DCMF)
- Intercultural competence (the ability to function effectively across cultures, to think and act appropriately, and to communicate and work with people from different cultural backgrounds and abilities) is essential for all team members
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Dawson City Music Festival Association values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, our recruitment and selection process is free from discrimination as outlined in the Canadian Human Rights Act.