As Dawson City swells with seasonal workers, travellers, and tourists, it can be tough to find a place to stay during the festival weekend. Thankfully we have you covered each summer. Details on DCMF’s Overflow Camping coming soon. Camping passes will go on sale May 1st, 2019!
Please note: Overflow Campground is available to Festival ticket-holders, Volunteers and Vendors only. We can’t wait to see you!
The DCMF Overflow Campground is a temporary site for tents, vehicles, and RV’s, located at Crocus Bluff Ballpark which is a few minutes’ walk from the main festival site. Please note that there are no power, water, or sewer hookups, but there are several sani-dump stations around town.
This accommodation option is only available to DCMF vendors, ticket-holders, and volunteers.
Please note that the Overflow Campground is only open the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights of the festival weekend.
Please respect our community. Do not camp on private property, in the bushes, or in/around what you think are vacant properties. Dawson City is a hospitable place and we want our local residents to feel safe and respected over the DCMF weekend.
Important Registration notes:
1.) Print or download your camping ticket to your smartphone and ensure you have it with you upon arrival
2.) Bring photo ID
3.) Read all camping rules and regulations
4.) Overflow camping is only available to DCMF ticket-holders, volunteers, and vendors.
Overflow Campground Rules
- Our overflow camping is DRY. Absolutely no open liquor will be tolerated on site.
- This is a QUIET campground. No loud or excessive noise is allowed at any time.
- No dogs (or pets of any kind) allowed on site. Service animals are, of course, an exception.
- There will be 24hr monitoring by our security staff and volunteers, however, you assume all risks and dangers, including lost or stolen items, damage to property, personal injury or death.
- First Aid: You consent to have medical treatment and/or transport that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness.
- Every attendee, volunteer, and artist should feel safe and welcome at DCMF no matter your gender, ethnicity, sexuality, ability and age. Discrimination, harassment and misconduct, whether verbal or physical, will not be tolerated. Attendees participating in such behaviour may be subject to removal without refund.
- Keep your campsite clean, throw your garbage away in the appropriate receptacles, and respect and follow the best practices for securing food from bears.
- Absolutely no violence or fighting will be tolerated.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FIRES!
- There are flush toilets on-site, but no showers. Public showers are available at both RV parks and the Dawson City Swimming Pool.
- The overflow campground is maintained by an amazing team of volunteers who deserve your respect and cooperation.
Other Places to Stay
Please consider staying with some of our wonderful sponsors. The festival would not be possible without them!
Accommodations in Dawson City for the festival weekend tend to fill up fast, so make sure to book early. DCMF offers an Overflow Camp Ground located a few minutes’ walk from the main festival site, available to ticket-holders, vendors, and volunteers. Please find more information above.
Triple J Hotel
The Triple J Hotel is located directly across the street from Diamond Tooth Gerties Casino, and is walking distance to all Dawson City has to offer. Plus, they have awesome food!