As Dawson City swells with seasonal workers, travellers, and tourists, it can be tough to find a place to stay during the festival weekend. Thankfully we have you covered.
The DCMF Overflow Campground is a temporary site for tents, vehicles, and RV’s, located at Crocus Bluff Ballpark which is a few minutes’ walk from the main festival site. Please note that there are no power, water, or sewer hookups, but there are several sani-dump stations around town.
This accommodation option is only available to DCMF vendors, ticket-holders, and volunteers.
Please note that the Overflow Campground is only open the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights of the festival weekend.
Please respect our community. Do not camp on private property, in the bushes, or in/around what you think are vacant properties. Dawson City is a hospitable place and we want our local residents to feel safe and respected over the DCMF weekend.
Important Registration notes:
1.) Print or download your camping ticket to your smartphone and ensure you have it with you upon arrival
2.) Bring photo ID
3.) Read all camping rules and regulations
4.) Overflow camping is only available to DCMF ticket-holders, volunteers, and vendors.
Overflow Campground Rules
- Our overflow camping is DRY. Absolutely no open liquor will be tolerated on site.
- This is a QUIET campground. No loud or excessive noise is allowed at any time.
- No dogs (or pets of any kind) allowed on site. Service animals are, of course, an exception.
- There will be 24hr monitoring by our security staff and volunteers, however, you assume all risks and dangers, including lost or stolen items, damage to property, personal injury or death.
- First Aid: You consent to have medical treatment and/or transport that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness.
- Every attendee, volunteer, and artist should feel safe and welcome at DCMF no matter your gender, ethnicity, sexuality, ability and age. Discrimination, harassment and misconduct, whether verbal or physical, will not be tolerated. Attendees participating in such behaviour may be subject to removal without refund.
- Keep your campsite clean, throw your garbage away in the appropriate receptacles, and respect and follow the best practices for securing food from bears.
- Absolutely no violence or fighting will be tolerated.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FIRES!
- There are flush toilets on-site, but no showers. Public showers are available at both RV parks and the Dawson City Swimming Pool.
- The overflow campground is maintained by an amazing team of volunteers who deserve your respect and cooperation.
Other Places to Stay
Please consider staying with some of our wonderful sponsors. The festival would not be possible without them!
Accommodations in Dawson City for the festival weekend tend to fill up fast, so make sure to book early. DCMF offers an Overflow Campground located a few minutes’ walk from the main festival site, available to ticket-holders, vendors, and volunteers. Please find more information above.
Bombay Peggy’s Inn
The lovingly restored Gold Rush inn, built in 1900, features nine rooms – each unique in its blend of Victorian décor, antique furnishings, contemporary art and modern amenities.
Dawson City Bed & Breakfast
Situated across from the confluence of the Yukon and Klondike rivers, the Dawson City Bed & Breakfast offers true northern hospitality in an ideal location. This family-owned business offers year-round accommodation for visitors to our gorgeous region.
With a lineage dating back to the Gold Rush, the Downtown Hotel is located in the heart of Dawson City, combining turn-of-the century atmosphere with modern comfort. Be sure to try the world famous “Sourtoe Cocktail” in the Sourdough Saloon!